Ecommerce is more profitable if you run your business on the right platform rather than erecting it anywhere. Where you set up your web-based store will influence how much you make. The online market is too large to risk putting up your shop anywhere. You want to ensure you are selling in a market where you can get easy access to your target audience. So, what are the three best online platforms for a UK-based business?
Shopify is so UK’s most popular ecommerce platform so far by search volume. This is partly because it is very easy to set up and modify to suit your needs. The platform also streamlines the process of taking credit card payments. Plus, you can easily start selling on your physical storefront with Shopify POS.
One downside to choosing Shopify is they’ll charge very high rates to host you, but they offer a 14-day free trial to allow you to try the platform before start spending on it.
• Unlimited product range
• 24/7 support
• Numerous themes and apps to help create a unique online store without coding knowledge
• Complete Website and blog with your domain name
• An Integrated payment solution
• Free SSL certificate
• Discount codes
• Allows you to sell offline through Shopify POS
• Enables you to open a Facebook store
• Powers you to sync inventory & orders across major sales channels (e.g. eBay, Amazon, etc.)
EKM, like Shopify, is a purely UK based platform founded back in 2002. It was UK’s first cloud-based eCommerce stage. They provide an all-inclusive online business platform that carries virtually everything you need to trade over the internet. Plus, all their Ecommerce features come set with all plans so you won’t need pay for costly add-on apps.
Offers start from £29.99+VAT/month, there are no contracts, and you have 14 days of free trial.
• 3 Month Account Manager to help get set up your shop
• Over 150 themes
• Free Domain & SSL
• Unlimited products
• Free 033 numbers
• UK-based Support
• Payments included
• No transaction fees
• You can add your WordPress blog to your site
• A free live chat feature
BigCommerce will offer you online businesses these three solutions as per their catchphrase “A sophisticated platform for boosting sales, streamlining business and spreading out to new channels.”
Bigger businesses can use their Enterprise solution which provides your “web-based business platform with greater reliability and highly developed tools to run your entire business.”
Lastly, unlike many other platforms, BigCommerce offer unmatched solutions to B2B and wholesale businesses.
The plans differ according to their varying offerings, and you get 30 days of free trial (no credit card needed)
• No transaction fees
• Product ratings and reviews
• Free Sitewide HTTPs
• Dedicated SSL
• Easy set-up (in only nine steps)
• Unlimited products, bandwidth and file storage
• Unified channel management: Sell on multiple platforms, i.e., Facebook, Google Shopping, Instagram, Amazon and eBay.
• A responsive business website with single page checkout
Launch your online shop in any of the above platforms. The best host for you depends on your company’s unique needs.
Author Bio: Payment industry expert Taylor Cole is a passionate merchant account expert who understands the complicated world of accepting credit and debit cards at your business. His understanding of netpay costco has helped thousands of business owners save money and time.